Chapman Bags has received numerous bespoke commissions for camera bags over the years, so when renowned New York based photographer and designer Adam Marelli approached us to develop a camera bag, we felt it was time to take things one step further. The result is the Adam Marelli x Chapman Camera Bag (let’s call it the AMxC for short)!
Adam has drawn from years of experience as a location photographer to incorporate the features he really finds useful in a camera bag, including many found wanting in other bags! The best way to explore the bag and the features it includes is probably to have a read of his excellent blog on the subject here http://amworkshops.com/tips-techniques/introducing-the-amarelli-x-chapman-camera-bag/
The AMxC is based on a traditional fishing bag pattern, with trademark fishing gusset panels on the side to prevent the ingress of rain. We used a heavyweight 24oz proofed British canvas, available in both Olive and Navy. A big part of the design process was to ensure that the bag sits snugly on the body and doesn’t become obtrusive when working on location. The padded insert was designed to be secure, flexible and easy to use. Remove it and the bag becomes a great everyday shoulder bag in its own right. Adam is a Leica guy but the bag will accommodate many other cameras, plus lenses and equipment.
Other key features include:
- Quick release “Sam Browne” fastenings
- Wrap around heavy duty webbing, giving the bag extra security and structure
- A padded rear interior device compartment with a security fastening
- A heavy duty adjustable cotton webbing shoulder strap
- Front interior zipped pocket
- Rear interior slip pockets for phone and keys
- Front bellows pockets with popper fastenings
- Rear exterior slip pocket
- A leather carry handle
- A jacquard lining
For further information on the bag, including dimensions and pricing, visit